I have been working on this post for a while. I LOVE makeup, I mean what girl doesn’t? For a long time I spent way too much money on makeup. I was buying all the big brands including MAC, Armani, NARS, you name it. I knew there had to be similar products found at the drug store that were a fraction of the cost.
Most of these makeup products are Dupes, which I will detail which expensive makeup brand its a dupe of. But some, are just my favorite product which I also wanted to share with you.
Here is my makeup using all of the products listed below (this photo is not edited).
- Revlon Insta Blush in Rose Gold Kiss vs Dupe: NARS blush in Orgasm : I have to admit I do love the color of the Revlon Insta Blush in Rose Gold Kiss, it is very similar to the Nars Blush in Orgasm. The only difference is this one is a stick vs NARS is a powder. But for $6.65 vs $25, I’ll take the Dupe!
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Concealer vs Dupe Tart Shape Tape Concealer: I have always loved the Maybelline Dark Circle concealer. I have been using it for years and I think it gives great coverage for $6 vs Tart Shape for $30.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer vs Dupe Benefits Hoola Bronzer: Hoola Bronzer is slightly more cool toned and a shade darker. The Butter Bronzer is a little warmer. They are both matte shades which I reach for the most in a bronzer. The butter bronzer smells like coconut and smells like you could be on a tropical vacation. For $9.99 vs $35 its an excellent dupe.
- Maybelline Fit Me Setting powder vs Dupe Laura Mercier Setting powder: I have always used the Laura Mercier setting powder and was hesitant to try the Fit Me powder. I have to say the Fit Me was very comparable. I am still a bit biased to the Laura Mercier, I believe it adds a bit more coverage and color to your base. However, the Fit Me is a close match in texture to Laura Mercier’s powder and performs nearly identically. Price $5.99 Fit Me vs. $39 Laura Mercier.
- L’Oréal Paris Makeup True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous vs. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk: Probably one of the most hyped-up foundations of all time is the Giorgio Armani’s Luminous Silk. It’s $62 hyped up dollars. That’s a lot of money. But, L’oreal is a perfect dupe–and dare I say I like it better!
- Loreal Paris Makeup Infallible Never Fail Pencil Eyeliner – I don’t have a dupe for this eye pencil but it has always been my go to eyeliner for $8.
- Loreal Voluminous Mascara vs. Dior Diorshow Mascara : The Diorshow Mascara is an eye makeup lover’s dream but the price tag is surely a nightmare. If you want that same texture, quality, volume and waterproof formula, go for the L’Oréal Voluminous Mascara which has a less hurtful price tag and would do the same job for you as Dior.
- NYX Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Nude, $5.99 vs. Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Tashkent, $28. Although the Nars Lipstick might stay on a tad bit longer, they are both similar shades. I’m a big fan of all NYX products and the Matte Lipstick is one of my faves.
- Maybelline the Blushed Nudes eyeshadow pallet vs Urban Decay Naked 3 : The Maybelline is way more powdery, so there was more fallout than the Naked 3 palette. However the shades are remarkably similar. After using both I thought my eyes looked nearly identical at the end, so what’s the point of paying more?! Save the extra $44!
- Maybelline TattooStudio Waterproof Eyebrow Gel Makeup : I am obsessed with this gel eyebrow makeup. Its on my list although I don’t have a dupe for it. I love that way it applies, in my opinion it goes on so much smoother then using a traditional eye pencil and looks a lot more natural. For $7 you really can’t beat it!
Thats a wrap! I loved finding all these dupes for ya’ll. I am happy to say that my entire makeup routine is now all drug store makeup and I can not tell a difference, I may even like it more!