The girls have been dying to have a spa day… I think they have asked me daily over the last few weeks! I mean who doesn’t want to go to the Spa right now?? I could use a must needed massage, facial, waxing.. and ALL of the above! But, since we can’t go to the spa right now, I brought the spa to them! We had such a fun afternoon with just us girls! My favorite part was the DIY easy face mask that is only three ingredients! I bet you even have these ingredients in your home right now!
This easy DIY face make recipe is from a New York dermatologist, Dr. Idriss, on her instagram @shereeneidriss. I love all her skincare tips and this easy face mask is one of my favorites! She also has the best #pillowtalkderm sessions on her Instagram stories and also a You Tube channel where she goes through all you need to know about SKINCARE & BEAUTY MAINTENANCE!
Why I love this face mask is because these ingredients are so good for your skin!
DIY Face Mask Benefits
- Honey: Anti-bacterial
- Milk: Anti-redness
How to deal with stressed out skin?
Tips from Dr. Idriss
- Use skin care formulas for sensitive skin
- Incorporate a chemical exfoliant 3 times a week with salicylic acid or glycolic acid
- Opt for lightweight moisturizers like Embryolisse or Avene
- Maintain the integrity of your skin barrier with Ceramide rich moisturizers
- If you are breaking out more than usual – Niacinamide has inflammatory effects
- Drink LOTS of water
How to Make DIY easy face mask
- 1 tablespoon Milk (2% or more milk fat)
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Oats
- Mix all ingredients until well blended
- Apply on to your face and neck for 10 minutes
- Wash of with a warm damp cloth
It is so important to make sure you take care of your skin, especially during this period of time where we all my be a bit more stressed out than usual. I hope you try out this face mask recipe and that it leave your face feeling stress free and relaxed!