FREE Online Educational Materials
Hey mamma! Here is a list of free online educational resources that are available for FREE! Hope this helps you and your littles learn while being at home during this crazy time!
If you have more to add feel free to comment at the bottom! We are all in this together!
Free Online Learning Materials
- Cirriculum Associates – Printable at-home activity packs are designed to provide students with valuable self-directed exercises and practice during extended absences from school. Each pack is designed to reinforce key concepts for a given grade
- Amazing Educational Resources: Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closings
- Diary of a Not so Wimpy Teacher – Free At home writing lessons
- Scholastic – Offering many FREE resources during this time. The username and password for the FREE digital resources are:
- UN: Learning20
- PW: Clifford
- Lunch Doodles – Join the Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home as Mo Willems invites YOU into his studio every weekday at 1 p.m. Eastern Time to draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing—starting today! #MoLunchDoodles
- List of Activities for Children while Parents work remotely
- Sight Words – Free educational sight word activities and resources to teach your kids
- Mystery Science – Mystery Science is the creator of the most popular science lessons in U.S. schools. They have curated this starter set of science lessons that you can use remotely or share with parents.
- RAZ kids – Online guided reading program with interactive ebooks, downloadable books, and reading quizzes.
- Little Learning Club – Free educational printables through March 31 using the code BYEGERMS at checkout.
- Switcheroo Zoo – Watch, listen, and play games to learn all about animals
- Nat Geo for Kids – Learn all about geography and fascinating animals
- List of educational companies offering free subscriptions.
- FREE children’s literacy resource featuring the world’s best storytellers reading books aloud. Each video includes an activity guide with lessons for K-5 students to do at home.
- Free STEM lessons for K-12 students starting at 10am EST on Monday 3/16
- Storytime from Space! The Global Space Education Project sent children’s books to the International Space Station to be read by astronauts!
- Free Dance Activities – Local dance studio posting daily activities for little dancers.
- Cosmickids.com – We’ve used this for years on rainy days when the kids need to get moving. There’s Minecraft yoga and Frozen yoga, etc
- Comic book making and activity sheets
- Virtual Field Trips – Discovery Channel Virtual Field Trips
- Kids Lit Quarantine – List of authors that will be reading on their pages
- Virtual Field Trip list – with trips to Mars, the zoo, the Louvre, and more!
- 50 Manga volumes offered free online!
- Virtual Rids at Disney land – Have your children take virtual Rides at Disneyland!
LIVE Activities for kids
- Livestream Activities Calendar – watch activities live from around the country!
- Mr. Jon & Friends – Live music for toddlers/preschoolers in the mornings at 10:30am EST for 2 weeks! He is awesome. I use his music for storytime!
- Splotch Monster Island artist Steve Loya will be doing some live events on his page as well. His monsters are very popular with kids! Tuesday at 10am EST for his first one!
- McHarper Manor is doing online art classes for elementary age kids, just purchase the supplies ahead of time. They will be at 1pm EST and have the week of projects listed.
- Online Live Kids Yoga – Older kids (9 & up) and adults 3/19 @ 2pm ET. Younger kids (2-8) 3/19 @ 3pm and 3/20 at 3pm. Email Michele at [email protected] to get the class link. Can also visit website at lovelifeyoga.org Donations welcome but not required.
- Virtual Museum Tours – 12 virtual museum tours
- Cincinnati Zoo – will be doing a Home Safari on their Facebook page, 3pm EST, featuring a different animal and a lesson. •????????
- Metropolitan Opera – will have a live performance every night from their catalog of recorded events.
- Seattle Symphony Orchestra is providing free live stream performances!
- Atlantic White Shark Conservancy – will be doing Shark Storytimes everyday at 10am EST on their page.
- Online Kids Yoga – Classes Daily at 12pm
- Pete the Cat – Head over to our Instagram (@petethecatofficial) March 17th at 12pm EDT to join James Dean for a LIVE storytime!
Free Online Educational Apps/Games
- Moose Math Game/App– Moose Math engages kids in a mathematical adventure and teaches counting, addition, subtraction, sorting, geometry and more. While playing 5 multi-level activities in the Moose Juice Store, Puck’s Pet Shop and Lost & Found, kids can earn rewards to help build their own city and decorate buildings.
- TVO Kids – TVOKids is Canada’s most trusted and most educational media brand for kids providing programs, games and apps based on the Ontario school curriculum.
- ABC Mouse – Free for 30 days!
- Into the Book – go “into the book” to play games that practice reading strategies
- Suessville – read, play games, and hang out with Dr. Suess and his friends!
- Fun Brain – play games while practicing math and reading skills
- PBS kids – hang out with your favorite characters all while learning
- Starr Fall – practice your phonics skills with these read along stories
- Storyline Online – have some of your favorite stories read to you by movie stars
- Highlights kids – read, play games and conduct cool science experiments
- Go Noodle – engages 14 million kids every month with movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts
- Epic – The leading digital library for kids offering unlimited access to 35000 of the best children’s books of all time.
FREE Reading Log/Packets broken out by Grade
These are the break packets made for grades K-8.
Activities for Mammas
- Calligraphy for Beginners! Replay available
- LIVE Watercolor classes – from Artist Kris Loya Art & Illustration page! Also check her out on SkillShare. You can get SkillShare free for 2 months.
- Lauren Matera – will have a cooking demonstration, some meditation, summer styling and calligraphy all lined up! Check the EVENTS tab as things get scheduled.
I will be updating this list of free online educational materials over the upcoming weeks and months as I find more FREE learning materials for you to use at home.
I also made this simple home school daily schedule to follow if you are looking to establish a routine with your kids.
Feel Free to print and Share!
We got this!