- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 8 oz. Arugula or fluid baby spinach, washed and dried
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 whole hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 16 oz. bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 10-ounce bag of frozen peas, partially thawed
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. sugar (more to taste)
- Chopped fresh dill, for topping
What I love about this salad is that you can adjust the ingredients to whatever your preference is!
- More veggies such as peppers, carrots, or avocado would also be delicious.
- For a healthier dressing option, you can substitute the mayonnaise and sour cream for a reduced-fat version, or use your own favorite light dressing.
- You can also swap the bacon for turkey bacon and frozen peas for fresh peas for a healthier option.