An easy tutorial on how to build a giant tic-tac-toe board game for your entire family to enjoy! All you need are a few supplies that you can find at your local craft store!
Did you have a favorite childhood game? I used to love… well I still do love the game Tic-Tac-Toe. It is so simple yet so much fun! This summer, while spending so much time at home, I made this giant Tic-Tac-Toe game to play outside in our backyard. It was super easy to make, all you need are a few supplies from your local craft store (mine are from hobby lobby).
You can find everything you need to make this giant tic-tac-toe game at Hobby Lobby. What is so amazing about this tutorial is that you can make this game with a little bit of spray paint, glue, and a jigsaw. I did this all by myself and YOU can too!!
How to make a Giant Tic-Tac-Toe Board
- 5 large wood X’s
- 5 Large Wood O’s
- 4 pieces Wood Square Strips
- 1 framed and painted wood board
- Black Spray Paint
- Gorilla Wood Glue
- Early American Wood stain
Directions to Make a Tic-Tac-Toe Board
- Spray Paint the X’s and O’s with black spray paint. Make sure to spray both the front and back
- Stain the Wood Square strips using the Early American Wood stain and let dry.
- Measure and cut the wood square strips using a jigsaw to fit the wood board
- Glue down the wood square strips using gorilla wood glue
- Wait to dry and enjoy!!
It really is SO simple!!! No wood working knowledge is needed! This game would be great to give as a housewarming gift and also fun to keep kids entertained while spending time outside!
If you make a giant tic-tac-toe board please remember to tag me on instagram @lifebyleanna. I love to see your DIY projects!