Firecracker popcorn is covered with white chocolate and decorated with festive sprinkles, candy and POP rocks. The POP rock candy make little fireworks in your mouth!
I love easy and fun treats for kids and this Firecracker Popcorn was a big hit in our house!! Pop rocks are always a fun candy for kids, and they are the perfect addition to party popcorn for the 4th of July.
It is really the easiest snack to make! All you need is a bag of popcorn (or pop your own), white and red candy melts, festive m&m’s, sprinkles and blue or red POP rocks. All you have to do is coat the popcorn with the melted white chocolate, and add in all the toppings!! I drizzled red chocolate at the end to add in some more color.
You can find festive sprinkles at Michaels, Joann Fabrics, Amazon or Walmart.
Hand out this firecracker popcorn to kids and adults on 4th of July or Memorial day and enjoy watching their faces as they discover the little fireworks as they eat!
I served the popcorn using this fun popcorn tray for a Memorial Day outdoor picnic and everyone loved it!
Patriotic Picnic Food
I have lots of other fun festive food ideas listed below:
- 1 bag microwave popcorn
- 1 cup white chocolate melts
- 1/2 cup red chocolate melts
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- 1 bag Patriotic M&M's
- 4 bags Red or blue Pop Rock Candy
- Pop microwave popcorn according to package directions.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Pour popcorn onto baking sheet.
- Melt white chocolate melts according to package directions. Pour over popcorn. and mix well making sure to coat popcorn evenly.
- Sprinkle Pop Rocks, m&m's and sprinkles over popcorn. Drizzle red chocolate melts over popcorn. Wait for white chocolate to set before serving.