With Christmas right around the corner, I am starting to deck the halls!!! I know I start earlier then most, but I love to be finished before the hustle and bustle of the holidays begin. One of the easiest decorations I add to my house during the holidays are Christmas bows! Bows are not only simple to make but they also add such a great impact. You can add them to wreaths, garland, trees, gifts and more! Today I am showing you an easy tutorial on how you can make a Christmas wreath bow.
Supplies to make a wreath bow:
- Ribbon – with a wire
- Floral Wire
- With the ribbon still on the spool, create a small loop around your index finger. This is your center loop.
- Twist the ribbon so the right side is facing up, and create a loop, a little bit bigger then your center loop on the one side. Bring the ribbon back towards the center loop and hold it together with your index finger and thumb.
- Twist the ribbon so that the right side faces up and create another loop on the opposite side.
- Repeat this until you have enough loops on your bow. The more loops the bigger the bow!
- After you have the desired number of loops, create the tail by extending a long piece of ribbon down, then looping it back up to the center.
- Cut a piece of floral wire and thread it through the center loop and around the rest of the bow, including the tails. Twist the floral wire to secure.
- Move the loops around the bow to make the bow larger and fuller.
Watch this video for how to make a christmas wreath bow
I hope this tutorial helped you learn how to make your own bow for the holidays! I would love to know if you made one! Make sure to leave me a comment below!
I used the same tutorial from above, but added 7 loops on each side to make a big bow for my mantle!
If you want to see more Christmas decor check out my home tour from last year here.