These snow globe cupcakes couldn’t be cuter! You can use either homemade or storebought cupcakes, then just top with the decorations linked below. My kids loved making these with me and they turned out adorable!
- Storebought or homemade cupcakes (any flavor, but I’d recommend white frosting so it looks like snow.)
- Premade Icing Decorations. Amazon has an assortment of Christmas options here as well as a Santa and reindeer combo. Walmart also has these snowflakes in various sizes and this gingerbread and candy cane combo.
- Snow Globe Toppers (I used one half of these plastic ornaments for each cupcake.) I’d recommend soaking them in warm, soapy water and rinsing before using them.
- Powdered sugar, white sprinkles, or sanding sugar to look like snow.
- Choose which icing decorations you’d like for your cupcakes. I’d recommend groups of 3’s for each cupcake.
- Optional: Sprinkle the top of the cupcake with sanding sugar or powdered sugar to look like snow.
- Add the ornament half on top of the cupcake to look like a snow globe. Enjoy!
Here’s a Quick Video Tutorial!
Perfect Presentation Platters
Premade Icing Decorations: Amazon has an assortment of Christmas options here as well as a Santa and reindeer combo. Walmart also has these snowflakes in various sizes and this gingerbread and candy cane combo.
Snow Globes: I used one half of these clear plastic ornaments from Amazon for each cupcake.
Cake Stands: For a great option with a lid, this white stoneware stand is gorgeous as well as this wood and metal option. Target also has this two-tiered stand that is so pretty, or this wooden stand from Walmart is super clean and modern looking. I also love this marble and acacia cake stand!
Kitchen Links: The Gingerbread House and Gingerbread Man Platter are both from Pottery Barn. The Nutcracker Cookie Jar is from Mac-Kenzie-Childs (and makes a great gift!) My checkered rug is also MacKenzie-Childs. The Christmas Tree shaped cutting board is from Antique Farmhouse!
Can I Prep These Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! You can definitely prepare these 1-2 days ahead of time. These can be refrigerated or store at room temperature.
Storing Leftover Snow Globe Cupcakes
Any leftovers should stay fresh for 2-3 days at room temperature. I’d recommend storing in a cake stand with a lid, or in a sealed Tupperware container to help them stay fresh. You can also cover with Saran Wrap (without worrying about messing up the cupcakes since they have the snow globe cover!) 🙂
I hope these Snow Globe Cupcakes are a fun bake-tivity for you! For more holiday desserts, be sure to check out The Simple Hack to Turn a Simple Cake into a Stunning Dessert, Amazing Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip, or this Easy and Delicious Donut Tree. Merry Christmas, friends!