🎃👻 This Pumpkin Hawaiian Roll French Toast is like eating sweet, fluffy little pillows of pumpkin and cinnamon happiness! This recipe is such a fun twist on traditional French Toast! You can use Hawaiian rolls with any French toast recipe, but pumpkin is especially perfect for fall! 🎃🍂
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk – (whole, low-fat or skim)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Hawaiian Rolls, sliced horizontally. I use King’s Hawaiian brand and specifically their sweet Hawaiian Rolls
- Optional: powdered sugar and maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Slice rolls horizontally and then vertically into 3 pieces.
- Place rolls in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice salt in a wide, deep bowl.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat and brush with 1 Tbsp of the butter.
- Working in batches, dip Hawaiian roll halves into egg/milk mixture until saturated and shake off excess liquid before placing rolls on heated griddle.
- Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on other side.
- Remove to a plate and keep warm while you continue cooking the remaining rolls. Add more butter to griddle as needed until all rolls have been dipped and toasted.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over Hawaiian roll French Toast and drizzle on maple syrup, if desired, before serving.
That cute baking sheet is from The Pioneer Woman’s collection at Walmart!
Here’s a Quick Video Tutorial!
Perfect Presentation Platters
White Platters: For a look like my white platter and a handy option you could use all year, this set of two white porcelain platters are my faves! If you’d prefer a marble look, this white marble pastry board from World Market is beautiful. For a less expensive option, this faux white marble tray from Walmart is also a great choice!
Halloween Serving Platters: If you’d like to serve your Hawaiian Roll Pumpkin French Toast on a festive plate, you may love this cute Jack-O’-Lantern platter or this Stoneware Ghost Platter (both from Pottery Barn), as well as this Marble Ghost Cheese Board from World Market. This black coffin-shaped tray is also spooky!
Individual Halloween Plates: Target has the cutest stoneware appetizer plates for just $3 each! This Jack-O’-Lantern plate would be perfect for this dish, and you may also love this ghost plate. They would also be cute to pair together!
Kitchen Links: I get asked all the time about the products in the background of my kitchen. Much of it is from MacKenzie-Childs, which I have slowly grown a collection of over the years! My favorites are this checkered chopping board, my black and white checkered teapot, and the gray and white checkered utensil holder. I also have this enamel canister that you can find in small, medium, or large.
The Haunted House Candy Jar is also Pottery Barn!
Can I Prep This Ahead of Time?
Yes! You can slice all the bread up to a day ahead of time, then store in a Ziploc bag at room temperature. These are best served warm, so I’d recommend waiting until about 20 minutes of serving time before making the Hawaiian Roll Pumpkin French Toast.
Storing Leftover Hawaiian Roll Pumpkin French Toast
Place any leftovers in a Ziploc Bag or Tupperware container and refrigerate, where they should stay fresh for about 3 days. To reheat, microwave for 30 second intervals until you reach your desired temperature.
I love all the recipes I share with you guys, but this Hawaiian Roll Pumpkin French Toast is *delicious* and the perfect fall comfort food! For more tasty fall recipes, be sure to check out these easy Sheet Pan Caramel Apples, this Caramel Apple Toppings Bar, or this Trick or Treat Boozy Snackle Box as a fun treat for adults. Happy Halloween, friends!